VMware Cloud Community
WallaceTechUK
Contributor
Contributor

Teaming And Failover

Hi Guys.

I hope someone can help me as I am driving myself mad trying to find this setting. I have moved over from a Windows vCenter to VCSA appliance and the full web GUI.

I have a vDS with say around 10 port groups all on different VLANS. Now part of the configuration of them port groups is to switch the Load Balancing to Route based on IP hash. Now I can see that I can change this setting on a per port group basis. I am sure you could set this higher up so that any new port groups would automatically be configured for Route based on IP hash if that's what I had set?

Please tell me I am not going mad and this setting is there??

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
2 Replies
SureshKumarMuth
Commander
Commander

Teaming and failover is a property of port group, you cant set it at DVS level which will cascade to its child and this setting is independent of port groups and each port group can contain different setting.

I don't think there is any setting available to make a default teaming and failover setting which will be applied for new port groups.

Regards,
Suresh
https://vconnectit.wordpress.com/
0 Kudos
WallaceTechUK
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply. You can set it on a standard switch. I was convinced that i have seen this on a vDS also.

Fair enough if its not there, I can stop pulling what very little hair i have left out.

0 Kudos