VMware Cloud Community
tricake
Contributor
Contributor

Strange objects in vCenter Server Web UI and missing VMs

Hi!

Trying to make Active Directory authentication working (subject of another question) I noticed that, after logging in with a working server-local administrator account there is an object that I don't see in vSphere client. Here is the vSphere client:

And this is the Web UI:

As you can see:

- missing VMs

- Strange "-no label-" object

Tried to restart services but no success. Tried with other accounts that are in the "Administrators" group but no success either.

Can you suggest anything?

Thanks!!

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
tricake
Contributor
Contributor

I noticed also that:

- when connected as an administrator by clicking on a VM nothing happens, normally I would see the change on the right pane

- when connected as a user who has only privileges to see one VM the web access seems to work

I can't recall a change in the configuration. The web access worked even after I joined the vCenter Server to the domain and only the domain name changed not the server name.

Can you help?

0 Kudos
Bleeder
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I'm having this same problem. Applying Update 2 made no difference.

0 Kudos
johnharte
Contributor
Contributor

I have this issue also. +1

0 Kudos
tricake
Contributor
Contributor

Somewhere else, someone (sorry for the lack of details) said that this all started to his vCenter when he used Distributed vSwitch.

Could you both confirm that distributed vswitch is present and configured in your architecture?

0 Kudos
Bleeder
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

We are using Cisco's Nexus 1000V virtual switch.

0 Kudos
FSM44
Contributor
Contributor

i all,

I have the same problem as yours ! and I have also installed Cisco NEXUS 1000V on a Vcenter 4.1.

Did someone has found an issue ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
FSM44
Contributor
Contributor

I don't have found anything !

what about you ?

0 Kudos
tricake
Contributor
Contributor

It seems that it's simply not supported.

Use, if you have Windows, vSphere Client...

0 Kudos
nyh
Contributor
Contributor

0 Kudos