VMware Cloud Community
shayrulah
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Source vCenter Server has unsupported version of host" error while upgrading to vCenter Server from 6.7 to VCSA 7.0

Anybody can help with this case? I found this article but its not applies for me since its Windows server vCenter and there is not possible for ssh.

VMware Knowledge Base

Also its not possible to delete this host profile

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Did you try to delete it via PowerCLI yet?

André

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
16 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

It's not complaining about the host version, but a host profile ("Esxi06"). Please check whether this host profile is still in use, and consider to delete if it is not needed anymore. Otherwise see https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/52932

André

0 Kudos
pradeepjigalur
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Source vCenter Server has unsupported version of host" error while upgrading to vCenter Server 6.7

Can you please correct it.

0 Kudos
shayrulah
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

sorry for the typo corrected it

0 Kudos
vanajalakshmiy
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

In your inventory host profiles are available which is less than version 6.5 and hence it's providing the error to upgrade the host profiles.

Please refer kb https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/67567​ to resolve it.

0 Kudos
shayrulah
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I have 6 ESXI in cluster which all of them are updated to 6.7 4 months ago and non of them have host profile attached since I cannot export host profiles.

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

I just noticed that you've updated your initial post while wrote my first reply.

Does the "Delete " option show up in the profiles pop-up menu, i.e. when you right-click it?

André

0 Kudos
vanajalakshmiy
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

In the error message, unsupported host profiles information "Esxi06" is showing. Can you please verify it again, it might have any stale entry.

0 Kudos
shayrulah
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I cannot delete or modify this profile.

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

That's strange. Just to rule out issues with the HTML5 UI, can you please check whether the host profile can be deleted from the flash client?

André

0 Kudos
IRIX201110141
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

This is not a new problem or related to VCSA 7.0.

I got this error in the past when upgrading to 6.7. In my case it was cause by the following.... often when deploy small setup i use the Eval mode to make life a little bit easier and use Host Profiles, vMotion and so on. When later apply the original licenses (Essentials) these feature becomes unusable and in my case it was forgotten for years. So i stumble across the problem during the upgrade and for sure i cant delete the old profile because of the wrong license.

Can you tell us more about your license and if regulary have used the Host profiles?

Regards,
Joerg

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

That's indeed an interesting point that IRIX201110141​ mentions.

What may be worth testing, is to see whether PowerCLI works, or at least throws a helpful error message.

Get-VMHostProfile

Remove-VMHostProfile -Profile "ESXi60"

André

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Maybe unrelated, but since you've posted a screenshot with a DL360 Gen9 server it may be interesting for you.

According to VMware from HPE Certification and Support | Hewlett Packard Enterprise HPE doesn't support ESXi 7.0 on Gen9 servers (yet???)!

André

0 Kudos
shayrulah
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I was able to delete ESXI06 profile with FLash, but esxi ready state is not able to delete.

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Did you try to delete it via PowerCLI yet?

André

0 Kudos
shayrulah
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thank a lot it worked!

0 Kudos
vrathna
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

One suggestion is before starting upgrade VC process, please export old profiles by using ‘Export Host Profile’ from Host Profile menu. 

0 Kudos