VMware Cloud Community
Skirk
Contributor
Contributor

Snapshot with Green Arrow Icon

I was some house cleaning and noticed that a few machines had snapshots and couldn't be migrated. When I looked in Snapshot Manager, I saw something I haven't seen before and don't exactly what to make of it.

I would like to remove the snapshot, but I'm not what the green arrow means. Usually that means something is Active or Running.

5 Replies
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

yes, the green arrow means the VM is in a powered on state. You can still commit (delete) the snapshot while the VM is running.

0 Kudos
lamw
Community Manager
Community Manager

It means at the time of the snapshot was created, the VM was in a powered on state.

=========================================================================

William Lam

VMware vExpert 2009

VMware ESX/ESXi scripts and resources at:

Twitter: @lamw

VMware Code Central - Scripts/Sample code for Developers and Administrators

VMware Developer Community

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

Skirk
Contributor
Contributor

OK that does make more sense now.. so if there is not Green Arrow the snapshot was taken when the VM was powered down (which is how we normaly do it) and the Green Arrow means it was taken while it was powered on. Makes sense now.

Thanks guys.

0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

Yes, I just tested and WIlliam is spot on. Lean something new everyday. So, as William stated the blue will be a snapshot was taken when the guest was off, and green(with arrow) will be that the snap was taken when the guest was in a powered on state.

Thanks William! I learn something for you, daily!

0 Kudos
Dynamax
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Arrow is when you snapshot the machine virtual memory and the blue is without snapshotting the memory

0 Kudos