vCenter

View Only
  • 1.  Snapshot problem

Posted Aug 03, 2007 02:33 PM

Hello toghether,

I've got a really big problem i think.

I've got some ESX Servers which use VCB to Backup a Suse VM as Fullbackup. In the Snapshot Manager there is still one snapshot remaining. I think I could kill this snapshot. But If i browse the datastore the is my first vmdk file and the XXX-flat.vmdk file.The is a vmsn file and two more vmdk and delta-vmdk files. One with 00001.vmdk and one with 00002.vmdk

It seems that there are 2 snapshots but there is only one snapshot in the snapshot manager. How do I can resolv these snapshots in order to work with the original vmdk file??

hope you know what I mean and you have a solution for my problem

regards

• 2.  RE: Snapshot problem

Posted Aug 03, 2007 02:47 PM

It looks like the original snapshot was possibly split across two delta files. Deleting the snapshot in the Snapshot Manager will remove the Snapshots. You do not want to delete the snapshot files as it could orphan the files and you would have to use esxutils from the command line.

• 3.  RE: Snapshot problem

Posted Aug 03, 2007 05:35 PM

what is the comand from the cli?? i do not know esxutils

• 4.  RE: Snapshot problem

Posted Aug 03, 2007 06:42 PM

You don't need to use the CLI yet. Delete the snapshot from the snapshot manager and the snapshot files should be gone. If not, I will get you the CLI commands you need to erase an orphaned snapshot.

• 5.  RE: Snapshot problem

Posted Aug 07, 2007 12:54 PM

hi,

i've got a timeout from Virtual Center as i tried to remove the snapshot.

do you give me the cli command??

• 6.  RE: Snapshot problem

Posted Aug 07, 2007 08:04 PM

Hi

Try this:

vmware-cmd removesnapshots

Regards

Michael

• 7.  RE: Snapshot problem

Posted Aug 08, 2007 02:36 PM

hi doctormiru,

thx for the help.

Your CLI command works well. It took such a long time and i was scared but it works and everything is fine now \*g*

regards

• 8.  RE: Snapshot problem

Posted Aug 07, 2007 08:12 PM

You might also try to run the following from the VCB\Generic directory on your VCB proxy:

cscript /nologo post-command.wsf "C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware Consolidated Backup Framework"

Ben