VMware Cloud Community
Leethal
Contributor
Contributor

Slow actions in VC 2.0

Is this normal with VC 2?

When ever you, power on, change settings or do anything with a VM, it comes up in your Tasks section as configuring....It just seems so slow compared to VC 1.3.

I know it proberly has to check HA and DRS when powering on....but it cant take that long!!!!

There is a good 5 to 10 seconds of configuring....before Completed comes up.

Cheers

0 Kudos
40 Replies
HNICorp
Contributor
Contributor

Can you send me the Doc. with diagram to zhuz@hnicorp.com ?

I do appreciate it.

thanks,

James

0 Kudos
DaveLV
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Is someone (Hello, VMware?) able to host this document so I don't have to post a "me too" here? Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Illaire
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Does anyone have VC running on a Dedicated Physical

machine?

We do. Virtual Center 2.0.1 on a 2.8 GHz processor box, with 2 Go memory. Our database is Oracle, and that's a production oracle database, with decent reactivity.

We find Virtual Center to be quite slow. I ran a "vpxd -s", hopping to have some insight on this slowness. Unfortunately, I didn't found anything useful.

0 Kudos
mcscotty
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I'll be happy to post this online somewhere assuming that (a) VMware doesn't already have it online somewhere and (b) the document doesn't include legalese saying that would be a Bad Thing (tm).

0 Kudos
jsehmi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Randy_B,

Can you please email the doc - jsehmi@beckman.com.

Would appreciate it \!!!

Thanks

JD

0 Kudos
kbk00
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

There are a bunch of people that host virtualization-specific forums/blogs here. I'd assume one would like to host the file. Otherwise, i could host it as well.

If you found this posting to be useful, great. I didn't waste your time.
0 Kudos
yariv_afek
Contributor
Contributor

Randy:

Could you also send me the doc as well?

yariv_afek@symantec.com

Thanks,

0 Kudos
joachims1
Contributor
Contributor

If possible i would also love this document. Smiley Happy

it@glitnir.no

0 Kudos
goggel
Contributor
Contributor

I would love that document, I could also host it if there is no copyright attached to it. Send it to nils.magnus.eliassen (a) cermaq.com

0 Kudos
MrPhoenix
Contributor
Contributor

Hi randy,

Did you use VC2.0.0 or VC2.0.1?

I upgraded from VC2.0.0 to VC2.0.1 Patch 1 on tuesday and now I'm having some troubles with my ESX 3.0.1-Servers. They don't respond as expected. Powering on a VM for example longs for minutes!!

Also relocating a VM is a mather of hours ...

I'm using VC on a dedicated physical Machine with a local SQL2000-Server (1 DC Xeon and 2GB Ram)

And what about the doc you mentioned? Do you know if it's published somewhere? Smiley Wink

Regards,

Philipp

0 Kudos
davidbarclay
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Me too please

david_barclay@data3.com.au

maybe vmguru.com will host it?

Dave

0 Kudos
bretti
Expert
Expert

Has anyone tried to send this up to the View/Discuss User Solutions[/url] Forum?

0 Kudos
nonu
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Can you sent me the document too..

My id is

paras_chopra@infosys.com

Thanks.

0 Kudos
iguy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I am running it on 2 physical servers running Windows 2003 & SQL Server 2005 SP2. From the time I click LogIn it takes 73 seconds.

We are managing 92 Hosts and 1400 VMs in that one instance. VC 1.x wasn't exactly fast then either but VC 2.01P2 is really slow.

0 Kudos
iguy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Do you have the SR# for this issue/resolution?

Do we know if this was fixed in SP2 or will this resolution still work in that release?

I'd love to say "email it" but it would make more sense if we can get VMware to know that a lot of us are having these issues and want a more "official" KB release on how to fix this.

0 Kudos
Funtoosh
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Randy would you please email me the document at vikashkumarroy@northwesternmutual.com.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Roy

0 Kudos
michael_stan
Contributor
Contributor

I am not experiencing any more "slowness" with patch 2 vs patch 1 or the original install.

One thing I may have done differently than most is rebuild the VC DB when I reinstalled the VC server p2.

Our VC server is running in a VM with licensing on a 1vCPU 2GB ram Win2k3 r2 VM. The host is a 3.2 GHz Xeon with 8 Gb of ram total. The host may run 10 VM's on average, utilizing about 1/2 to 3/4 of total ram and much less CPU.

Message was edited by:

michaelstan

0 Kudos
tempepa
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Is it possible to get a copy of the document

pascal.tempels@uptime.be

Thanks.

0 Kudos
badcrc_32
Contributor
Contributor

Any chance that I could get a copy of the document?

jwolfanger@sbcglobal.net

Thanks,

Jeffrey

0 Kudos
montespcs
Contributor
Contributor

Randy,

Would you please send the detailed doc to monte.hartman@trizetto.com?

Thanks!

Monte

0 Kudos