VMware Cloud Community
Alfista_PS
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Shuting down the VM...

Hi,

I have an older vSphere 6.0 and use latest vCenter 6.7, but have one problem with only one VM, which after some time (hours / days) self shut down. In the VM is running Win Server 2019 Essentials where I have all disabled that this server doesn't shut down or go to sleep or to hibernate. Also have all check in the VM settings that the VM doesn't shut down, but still it shut down.

Please can you help me why only this one VM shuts down.

Thanks.

Alfista
----------------------
Audio-Video Accessories
Selling and Integration of Audio & Video Accessories and Technology
If my answer has resolved your problem please mark as RESOLVED or if it has only was a good help then give me the KUDOS. Thanks.
Labels (1)
8 Replies
Lalegre
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

@Alfista_PS,

Have you checked if the shutdown is happening as an event from vCenter or from inside the VM in the Event Viewer? First identify that because if there is no shutdown action from vCenter it may be possible that is happening from inside the Guest OS.

0 Kudos
RajeevVCP4
Expert
Expert

please provide vmware.log or you can check it 

You can look in vm directory , open it and download vmware.log file on your jump host

https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/1007805

Rajeev Chauhan
VCIX-DCV6.5/VSAN/VXRAIL
Please mark help full or correct if my answer is use full for you
0 Kudos
Alfista_PS
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi,

I have downloaded the logs rom the VM, but I can't export the events from vCenter. My vCenter 6.7 doesn't allow it.

I have looked the logs and see that there was a shutdown was initiated but doesn't found what hat started it.

Alfista
----------------------
Audio-Video Accessories
If my answer has resolved your problem please mark as RESOLVED or if it has only was a good help then give me the KUDOS. Thanks.
0 Kudos
Lalegre
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

@Alfista_PS,

You saw there was a shutdown from vCenter or the Windows itself?

0 Kudos
Alfista_PS
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi,

in windows I have disabled all shutting down, hibernation or sleep as it is Windows Server.

I  try to get the events from vCenter but I don't know why, my version 6.7 doesn't allow to export it as it should be over the export button. Is there any command line which can do that?

Thanks.

Alfista
----------------------
Audio-Video Accessories
0 Kudos
connecttoduy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello

Your vm have license window server or not ?

If window server expired license trial , we will issue window auto shutdown.

Regards,

Duy

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Alfista_PS
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

yes its licensed.

Alfista
----------------------
Audio-Video Accessories
0 Kudos
Alfista_PS
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I have check the events and have found some problematic and one which shutdown the VM, but I can't find whit its doing.

I have added it in screen shots, while I can't export the events.

Alfista
----------------------
Audio-Video Accessories
0 Kudos