VMware Cloud Community
Osito
Contributor
Contributor

Share local disks of vSphere in a cluster

I am making an infrastructure lab, with a vCenter making a cluster os 2 vSphere 4 servers.

As normal, I can use the local disk of every server to storage machines, but I can't access to than storage from others servers.

Is there a way to map the storage of each server to other or to do a "unique" storage unit, mapping all the disk of every server? The utopic idea is to make a unique cluster with some servers sharing resources between them.

I've tryed to activate DRS, but I can't map or see the storage of the others servers.

Thanks a lot for your help!!! Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
1 Reply
azn2kew
Champion
Champion

I'm sure you've heard how to virtualize vSphere 4.0 for a lab with VMware workstation 6.5 and if so, you may want to have Openfiler, FreeNAS, Starwind, Xtravirt VSA and StorMagic to act as a shared iSCSI/NFS storage for your vSphere 4.0 hosts to enable HA, DRS and VMotion. All of these solutions can utilize your remaining local disk by install new virtual machine or load these storage appliances.

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!

Regards,

Stefan Nguyen

VMware vExpert 2009

iGeek Systems Inc.

VMware, Citrix, Microsoft Consultant

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!! Regards, Stefan Nguyen VMware vExpert 2009 iGeek Systems Inc. VMware vExpert, VCP 3 & 4, VSP, VTSP, CCA, CCEA, CCNA, MCSA, EMCSE, EMCISA
0 Kudos