VMware Cloud Community
Pcyber
Contributor
Contributor

Set same alarm to few folder in vSpehre 5.0

Hi I'd like to link the my custom Alarm, for example "Alarm1" at several folders. (You can see it from image, I would like to link my custom alarm to Folder 3 and 2 but no Folder1). I don't want too much alarm to manually create the same characteristics. Is it possible?forum.png I

Basically I would like using them, the same principle that is used for applying Group Policy to Organization Unit in Active Directory.

Thanks

Piero

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

move folder1 somewhere else and then create the alarm on "folder".

...or you can create the alarm on folder, then right click on folder1 and disable alarm actions.  With that said, any alarms on that folder would be disabled.

0 Kudos
Pcyber
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the quick response.

1. Such an approach is problematic for me, because if I set an Alarm1 to Folder2 and Folder3 but not the Folder1 I can move the Folder1 outside of the main recipient, and apply Alarm1 to the Folder;
    at the same time if I want apply an Alarm2 to the Folder1 and Folder3 and how can I do?
  2. If I want to apply the Alarm1 to the Folder and then I disable Alarm1 at Folder1, disable at parent Folder too. How can I do?

Thank you

Piero

0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

Such  an approach is problematic for me, because if I set an Alarm1 to  Folder2 and Folder3 but not the Folder1 I can move the Folder1 outside  of the main recipient, and apply Alarm1 to the Folder;
at the same time if I want apply an Alarm2 to the Folder1 and Folder3 and how can I do?

My understanding is you didn't want the custom alarm to be applied to Folder1.  This is why I told you to move it out from underneath Folder

If I want to apply the Alarm1 to the Folder and then I disable Alarm1 at Folder1, disable at parent Folder too. How can I do?

no.. You can right click on Folder 1 and Choose Alarm--Disable Alarm actions.  That will not only disable Alarm1, but any other alarm you have set on Folder 1

prince1121
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

hi

I think you need to cahnge tree structure then only can set for all .

http://imagicon.info/cat/5-59/vbsmile.png

0 Kudos
Pcyber
Contributor
Contributor

I think the console is little functional :smileyangry:

0 Kudos