VMware Cloud Community
Global_IT_Guy
Contributor
Contributor

Server 2000 won't boot after installed vCenter Server

I installed the vCenter Server 4.0 on Windows Server 2000 SP4. The install required a reboot so i rebooted. Now I can not boot into normal mode, but I can in safe mode. I went into safe mode and disabled VMware services. I still cannot get it to boot. Later I see somewhere that I am only supposed to install the agent, not the whole program. Any ideas how to get my server booted again. I don't care what happens to vCenter Converter, I just need this (customer's) server back up.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

Windows 2000 is not a supported Host OS for vCenter 4.x.  You'll need atleast Windows XP or Server 2003.  Also, as far as support goes for the host OS, how are you getting Microsoft Support on an EOL Operating System?

0 Kudos
ivivanov
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Given you are talking about Agent and you have posted in vCenter *CONVERTER* forum, I assume you are installing the vCenter Converter Server application.

There are a couple of drivers installed by Converter along with the rest of the services - vstor2-mntapi10-shared (or vstor2-mntapi20-shared) and bitmapdriver. You can try to disable those drivers as well.

HTH.