VMware Cloud Community
CMCC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Security with VI Client question

Hi,

I would like to know if there is another method than users, to protect VI Client from access. I mean, just let access to VI client some ip adresses.

For example, I have two PCs: 10.10.12.1 and 10.10.12.3, and I want just the first one to access the VI Client but not the second one.

Is this possible?

Thanks

Regards

Celia.-
0 Kudos
2 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

There is no way with the VI-3 environment - at best what you would be able to do is the create an isolated segment to VC and/or the Service Console ports and allow those pcs access through a VPN client -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
gary1012
Expert
Expert

I don't know if this is on the right track... As W5 stated, you can put VC on an isolated segment. If this is done, you can provide your single server administrators with web access to only the VMs in their scope of work. Of course, opening ports or vpn access will be required to get to that segment.

Community Supported, Community Rewarded - Please consider marking questions answered and awarding points to the correct post. It helps us all.