VMware Cloud Community
toobulkeh
Contributor
Contributor

Security Warning(s) on vSphere Client Connection?

Every time a vSphere client connects to the server two security warnings are displayed (see the attached image). Clicking View Certiface allows you to "install" the certificate, but always leaves you with this same prompt. Clicking Ignore on both allows you to bypass them and still login properly. I would like to not even have these be presented to the user at all. Any idea on how to do this?

Thanks!

12 Replies
toobulkeh
Contributor
Contributor

I have found how to automatically "trust" the certificate using windows' certmgr.msc, as seen here:

1. Login to the Windows client host.

2. Launch the Certificates MMC (Microsoft Management Console) snap-in. For the VirtualCenter host system, you must login as a Windows Administrator:

1. Locate %SystemRoot%\System32\certmgr.msc on the Windows client.

2. Right-click on the certmgr.msc file.

3. Select Run as... from the popup menu.

4. Enter the Administrator credentials specific to the Windows local Administrator group in the dialog.

5. Click OK to continue. The Certificates pane displays.

3. Install the server certificate or the appropriate root CA into the Windows certificate store:

1. Click the Trusted Root Certification Authorities folder in the Certificate pane.

2. Select Action > All Tasks > Import...
      to launch the Certificate Import Wizard. The Certificate Import Wizard
      lets you navigate to the location of the certificate file and import it
      into the Trusted Root Certification Authorities folder.

from: http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=464660...

But this is on a per user basis, is there a way to do this for all users? Or for a group of users?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
DLeid
Expert
Expert

Did you try to place a check mark on "install this certificate ..." and then select Ignore.

If you find this or any other information helpful or correct, please consider awarding points.

If you find this or any other information helpful or correct, please consider awarding points.
0 Kudos
toobulkeh
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, this changes nothing.

0 Kudos
Julio_Tapia1
Contributor
Contributor

Hello

Did you find a solution for your problem? Today I get the same error

0 Kudos
toobulkeh
Contributor
Contributor

No, the only solution I had is a few posts above on a per-user basis. No one

else ever responded.

See: http://communities.vmware.com/message/1474650#1474650

If you do find another solution, please update it here! Thanks.

0 Kudos
Kiil
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

maybe a little late, but if the "Message of the day" is set, some user could experience that the second security warning hangs. This is because the message of the day is behind the security warning. You can't click OK on it because, as you mentioned, the security warning dialog box can't be moved. Log in as another user, remove text in "message of the day" and voila...

There must be a bug somewhere... 😕

/BKiil

Bjørn-Ove Kiil
0 Kudos
DZ1
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I ran into this same issue recently on a server that I log into frequently.  I removed my MOTD and it cleared up the freezing at login....thanks Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
dospavlos
Contributor
Contributor

I fixed this issue by hitting the ESC key on the security warning window.

TdisalvoOrinoco
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The issue is that the message of the day is being hidden by the secuirty warning.  Yoy cannot do anything to see the message of the day.

If you just hit enter, it should accept the message of the day, and then you will be able to accept the security certificate.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Refer the below KB .

http://kb.vmware.com/kb/1031779

Abhi

0 Kudos
pmprabu
Contributor
Contributor

yes pressing "Esc" worked for me. Thanks

0 Kudos
MichaelDeWinter
Contributor
Contributor

Just for anyone who comes across this document, there is the solution of adding a "-i" parameter to the "VMware vSphere Client" shortcut, as mentioned in this article:

https://jackiechen.org/2015/02/03/cannot-click-vsphere-client-security-warning-dialog-buttons/

This is per machine, if you change the correct shortcut, but can also be more broad if you have the shortcut in a file share. You could possibly also copy the shortcut through domain login scripts.

0 Kudos