VMware Cloud Community
ducasi
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Secure LDAP with Active Directory (Integrated Windows Authentication)

I've been reading this VMware blog post:

VMware vSphere & Microsoft LDAP Channel Binding & Signing (ADV190023) - VMware vSphere Blog

According to it, because I'm using "Active Directory (Integrated Windows Authentication)" my vCenters should not be affected by Microsoft's forthcoming changes to LDAP authentication.

However, when I've turned on extra monitoring of LDAP connections on my domain controllers, it is seeing my Platform Services Controller logging into LDAP insecurely with their machine accounts.

This is on VSCA 6.5 U3f, with external PSCs.

Anyone know what's going on here?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
VivekThacker
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello,

Are you talking about the event ID 2889 which are getting logged in your Domain Controllers?

If yes, then VMware is still investigating on the issue and there is no solution/workaround for the Customers using IWA as identity source.

Regards,
Vivek Thacker

Please mark helpful or correct if my answer resolved your issue.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
VivekThacker
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello,

Are you talking about the event ID 2889 which are getting logged in your Domain Controllers?

If yes, then VMware is still investigating on the issue and there is no solution/workaround for the Customers using IWA as identity source.

Regards,
Vivek Thacker

scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Moderator: Moved to vCenter Server

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
ducasi
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Yep, that's the one.

Do you have a link to any further information on this?

Cheers!

0 Kudos
VivekThacker
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Currently, there is no article/KB as investigation is still going on. As there is no clarity which component is generating these events.

Regards,
Vivek Thacker

tjcooper
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

will this cause intermittent authentication issues?

0 Kudos