VMware Cloud Community
elafollette
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Screen Saver off but still activating

Like the subject says I'm trying to turn off the screen saver on my Windows server 2003 clients in VMWare.

The screen saver functionality is not controlled by group policy in anyway. I can log in as the local or domain admin and turn off the screen saver but it still comes on when no one is logged into the client when viewing the "Console" tab in VIC.

What am I missing?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
9 Replies
doubleH
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

i deleted all of the *.scr files and it appeared to work as the screensavers did not appear in the drop down list, but then Windows File Protection put them back...grrrrr. Need to find out if there is a way to disable WFP temporarily. Will post back if I find anything.

If you found this or any other post helpful please consider the use of the Helpfull/Correct buttons to award points
doubleH
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

thanks esiebert7625....that a much easier way of doing this!

If you found this or any other post helpful please consider the use of the Helpfull/Correct buttons to award points
0 Kudos
esiebert7625
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

No problem, don't forget to award points for helpful answers.....

0 Kudos
doubleH
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

i would have, but i'm not the initiator of this thread Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
elafollette
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks, this looks like the right track. I'm working on a .adm file now to disable the screensaver registry setting.

0 Kudos
elafollette
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I found that using DesktopStandard's PolicyMaker registry extention tool (freeware) works great for this.

0 Kudos
doubleH
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

yepper i love that tool. i am waiting for MS to integrate their entire line of policy maker into windows!

0 Kudos
esiebert7625
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I'll have to check that out...

0 Kudos