VMware Cloud Community
azerrad
Contributor
Contributor

SYSPREP 4 WINDOWS 2008 SERVER TEMPLATE

hello,

im using vmware 4 :

1) how can i be sure in which scsi controller to use (bus logic or lsi logic) ? for those opreating systems:

• windows 2008

• linux (cent os ,redhat)

• windows 2003

2) there is any sysprep file that i can use it in vmware for windows 2008 template ? (like i am using in windows 2003 server ) if yes ,how can i get it and where i need to locate it on my vc ?

respectfully,

avi azerrad

0 Kudos
4 Replies
krowczynski
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

>>1) how can i be sure in which scsi controller to use (bus logic or lsi logic) ? for those opreating systems:

You should take the controller, that vm gives you as default when you create a new server.

>>2) there is any sysprep file that i can use it in vmware for windows 2008 template ? (like i am using in windows 2003 server ) if yes ,how can i get it and where i need to locate it on my vc ?

Copy the sysprep files on the vcenter location and you can also doing customazation of 2008 OS.

MCP, VCP

MCP, VCP3 , VCP4
TomHowarth
Leadership
Leadership

1) how can i be sure in which scsi controller to use (bus logic or lsi logic) ? for those opreating systems:

User the default recommeded by VMware

2) there is any sysprep file that i can use it in vmware for windows 2008 template ? (like i am using in windows 2003 server ) if yes ,how can i get it and where i need to locate it on my vc ?

Windows 2008 like Vista has Sysprep builtin to the OS. there is no need to install it on your vCenter server

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points

Tom Howarth VCP / vExpert

VMware Communities User Moderator

Blog: www.planetvm.net

Contributing author on "[VMware vSphere and Virtual Infrastructure Security: Securing ESX and the Virtual Environment|http://www.amazon.co.uk/VMware-VSphere-Virtual-Infrastructure-Security/dp/0137158009/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1256146240&sr=1-1]”. Currently available on roughcuts

Tom Howarth VCP / VCAP / vExpert
VMware Communities User Moderator
Blog: http://www.planetvm.net
Contributing author on VMware vSphere and Virtual Infrastructure Security: Securing ESX and the Virtual Environment
Contributing author on VCP VMware Certified Professional on VSphere 4 Study Guide: Exam VCP-410
DGI_Drift
Contributor
Contributor

Hi.

I ask this thread yesterday:

I've problems when I deploy windows 2008 templates..

So if some of you guys who reads this, maybe can help me aswell?:)

Thanks a lot for any help:)

0 Kudos
azerrad
Contributor
Contributor

there is any article that can explain when to use bus logic or lsi ?

0 Kudos