VMware Cloud Community
PatruMau
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

SQLServer Express 2005 hangs after upgrade to VC 2.5 / ESX 3.5

After upgrading to version 2.5, frequently Virtual Center stop responding to any request, from client (timeout), vcb, ecc.

I've investigated and found that when VC stop responding, SQLServer consume 99% of CPU. Monitoring with SQLServer Activity monitor i've found that a VC SQL Internal process (last T-SQL command: EXEC sp_executesql N'set implicit_transactions off select USER_NAME() select usertype,type,name from systypes where usertype>=257'), is blocked by another process, which run the stored procedure load_stats_proc; this second process also holds a HUGE number of locks and some open transaction.

Does anyone note this behaviour after upgrade to VC 2.5?

Virtual Center v 2.5 on Windows Server 2003 SP1. SQLServer Express 2005 SP2.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
jodygilbert
Contributor
Contributor

We are experiencing the same issue since upgrading toe 2.5, I've raised a ticket with VMware support.

0 Kudos
cryptonym
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Did you ever get a response from vm support? I was having errors in the event logs due to them using transactions while performing huge deletes. I reworked their SQL and went from 5 - 7 MINUTE runs to just a few seconds. I posted a thread here with the code. I'm curious if they had any info on your issue.

Thanks

0 Kudos
dejnekas
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I go the same problem with SQL on VMware. Please send your solution about this. This is a big problem for me.

Thanks in advance.

Slawek

0 Kudos