VMware Cloud Community
NeoTitan
Contributor
Contributor

SQL Server 2005 Express

Hi all,

I´ve read in vmware documentation that Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express is intended to be used for small deployments of up to 5 hosts and 50 virtual machines.

is it a license limitation? or i can have more than 5 hosts with Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express...

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

You can have more than 5 hosts but it can become a performance issue including loss of performance metrics -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
vmroyale
Immortal
Immortal

Hello. Also keep in mind the 4 GB database size limit of SQL 2005 Express. If you continue to add hosts and VMs, you may hit that limit sooner than you would like. I'm not sure, but I'm guessing that hitting that 4 GB cap would not be a pleasant experience.

Good Luck!

Brian Atkinson | vExpert | VMTN Moderator | Author of "VCP5-DCV VMware Certified Professional-Data Center Virtualization on vSphere 5.5 Study Guide: VCP-550" | @vmroyale | http://vmroyale.com
0 Kudos