VMware Cloud Community
ankaiser
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Rollup jobs missing in VC 2.5 on SQL Server 2000

The VC runs against a separate SQL Server 2000. Database is ok. 5min statistics are available since installation date. The stored procs used by the jobs have been installed, but apparently the rollup jobs are missing, as weekly or longer stats tables are empty, the 5min table isn't purged and the only jobs found in the system table are sys maintenance jobs.

Is it possible to install the missing jobs?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
jhanekom
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I know there are .sql files in the VC installation folders that may contain the necessary scripts for these jobs - might be worth a try.

I've got another question: is this an upgraded installation or a fresh installation?

0 Kudos
ankaiser
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

A fresh installation. However the VC was installed twice with some incorrect info the first time but the DB was not cleaned prior to the second installation.

I've found the relevant SQL files but I'm not too much into SQL server and they look as if some context is required to run them.

0 Kudos
ankaiser
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Solved. Our database is called "virtual_infrastructure_db" but the scripts' vardbname is limited to 20 chars. Apparently the installer silently ignored the error message.

0 Kudos
jhanekom
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Well spotted! This one was also reported by someone else; quite nasty. http://communities.vmware.com/thread/117292

0 Kudos