VMware Cloud Community
msea
Contributor
Contributor

Rollup Procedure Not Running In Oracle?

Since upgrading from 2.0.2 to 2.5 we can only access one days worth of stats on our 4 hosts (2 are 3.0.2 and 2 are 3.5) through the VC performance tab, if you try to access the host directly via VC there are no stats available there either, only the past 18hrs or so. If you look at anything older through VC you get the message "Performance data is currently not available for this entity". My DBA has confirmed that only the VPX_Hist_stat1 has any data in it, the other 3 vpx_hist_stat tables are empty, so are the vpx_sample tables. We tried truncating all these tables with VC down on the recommendation of support but that didn't resolve the issue. From what we can tell we no longer see the rollup running. I cannot find much info on the rollup procedures, I'm trying to find out how they work: where they are located, what kicks them off and what they are actually doing. Note: We are on Oracle. BTW, during the upgrade to VC 2.5 we had issues upgrading the DB, we ran out of space in the undo tablespace, it was quite an ordeal and support ended up having me upgrade the DB manually than re-running the VC upgrade.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, we've been fighting with this for a few days now and my boss is hot for some reports. I'm on the verge of suggesting a full clean install of VC with a new DB.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
msea
Contributor
Contributor

Bump

0 Kudos
mki
Contributor
Contributor

exactly the same with one of our customers.

When their caretaker returns from vacation, I'll have opened another call for that issue.

0 Kudos
Thomas_durand
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Same problem here with VC 2.5 on Oracle 10.

Have you found a resolution for this problem?

Regards,

Stephane B.

0 Kudos
msea
Contributor
Contributor

Our oracle db had the job queue processes set to 0, once we set it to a higher value the issue was resolved.

Hope this helps! Our DBA found this, support wasn't aware of this setting.

Matt

0 Kudos
paco_abal
Contributor
Contributor

Hello:

We are having the same problems with performance data. Have 8 ESX 3.5 servers and VC 2.5 with Oracle 9.2 installed on the same VC server. I have changed "job queue processes" from 0 to 5. I have rebooted VC server. How long do I have to wait to see weekly and monthly graphs. Should it be inmediat or do I have to wait until the VPX database refreshes some tables?

Thanks.

0 Kudos