VMware Cloud Community
BrianRTS
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Roll back VC 2.5 - ESX Host Agent version?

I am in the unfortunate position of having to roll back my VC 2.5 server to 2.0.2U1 due to some issues that cropped up over the weekend... My question is all my ESX hosts were added to the 2.5 VC instance and I'm assuming their VC agents were upgraded as well.

Does anyone have any idea what will happen when I try to add these ESX servers back to VC 2.02?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
lamw
Community Manager
Community Manager

We've seen something similiar in our orginal testing, all you need to do is uninstall the VC 2.5 Agents from the affected hosts, usually a rpm -qa | grep vpxa and rpm -e <pkg> and once the agent has been removed. I would suggest in disconnecting them from VC. Once disconnected, just reconnect to the VC 2.0.2U1 and it will drop the agent for that version onto the host.

FYI - One reason you could be seeing issues, is that your ESX have to be a certain patch level for 3.0.2 before you can attach them to VC 2.5 else you'll have all sorts of issues. This has been a documented issue on VMware I believe, but you can always open an SR and provide them your current patch level of your hosts to see if there is a conflict.

0 Kudos