VMware Cloud Community
thepriest7
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Revert snapshot issue

Hello,

Am trying to revert to a previous state on one of my Linux Ubuntu guest. I do the revert from the GUI in vCenter, the process start and finish with no error. When I login the Server is not reverted back. In snapshot Manager it still showing that I have a snapshot.

Help please

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

First revert to the state (snapshot) you want and then use the "Delete" button to get rid of the (empty) snapshot.

André

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RParker
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Maybe you aren't reverting to the correct level.

Base ->

Snapshot1 ->

Snapshot2 ->

you are here ->

If you revert to snashot1, whatever changes in snapshot2 are saved and you are now running snapshot1.

How many snapshots are listed, can you give a screen shot?

0 Kudos
thepriest7
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

There is only one level.

Snapshot.jpg

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

When I login the Server is not reverted back. In snapshot Manager it still showing that I have a snapshot.

With saying "it is not reverted", do you only refer to the Snapshot Manager or to the virtual machine's state after powering it on again?

When you revert to a snapshot, VMware deletes the contents of the current snapshot file and starts with the state of the VM when the snapshot was originally taken. It will not remove the snapshot from the Snapshot Manager.

André

0 Kudos
thepriest7
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello,

Am refering to the snapshot manager. If I do delete it will keep the changes, not what am looking for. How do I remove the entry in snapshot manager?

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

First revert to the state (snapshot) you want and then use the "Delete" button to get rid of the (empty) snapshot.

André

0 Kudos