VMware Cloud Community
tkutil
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Retrieving Chart Data

If I click on the Advanced performance monitor for 2 of the ESX servers the client hangs at "Retrieving Chart Data". Is there a fix for this. I tried deleting the VMware folder in my profile as mentioned in another post, but no luck.

TIA

Troy

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
vickey0rana
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

have you tried after restarting the managment service on ESX host...? I believe that problem is between communication of vpxa agent... Try it...

Thanks!

~Rana

---------------------------------------------------------------- If you found this or any other answer helpful, please consider to award points. (use Correct or Helpful buttons) BR, Ravinder S Rana
0 Kudos
tkutil
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I uninstalled the client and removed the data from my profile. Advanced charts are working now.

0 Kudos
vickey0rana
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Really wondering how profile cause issue for only 2 esx and works good

for others. . .

Anyways . . Good to hear that issue resolved.

Thanks!

~Rana

---------------------------------------------------------------- If you found this or any other answer helpful, please consider to award points. (use Correct or Helpful buttons) BR, Ravinder S Rana
0 Kudos
tkutil
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

In a forum post I found said that charts.xml file is created and stored in C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\VMware

0 Kudos
vickey0rana
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

is that chart.xml is common file , where data been written for all the

ESX hosts present in cluster?

0 Kudos