scl5451
Contributor
Contributor

Restart Virtual Center Host

Jump to solution

1. I need to patch Windows and restart the Virtual Center. What services will be affected? (e.g. Users cannot connect to Virtual Client ... etc)

2. What need to take into consideration before and after restart the Virtual Center? Anything need to be done on SQL database? Any services need to stop or start manually?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Cooldude09
Commander
Commander

No shutdown required for the VM's. All will work well...... Do not forget to reward points if it helped.. Smiley Happy

Anil Gupta

Don’t fear changes, its constant in life, reduce your ecological footprint……………………..Go Green

if you found my answer to be useful, feel free to mark it as Helpful or Correct.

Looking for a Virtualization Solution, look here.....

If U find my answer useful, feel free to give points by clicking Helpful or Correct. Subscribe yourself at walkonblock.com

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Cooldude09
Commander
Commander

1. Only usres will not be able to connect to VC for some time

2. Nothing...dont worry it should work for you.

Anil Gupta

Don’t fear changes, its constant in life, reduce your ecological footprint……………………..Go Green

if you found my answer to be useful, feel free to mark it as Helpful or Correct.

If U find my answer useful, feel free to give points by clicking Helpful or Correct. Subscribe yourself at walkonblock.com
0 Kudos
scl5451
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Cooldude09.

Just to confirm, do I need to shutdown all VMs before I restart Virtual Center, will it affect my VMs operation?

0 Kudos
awong505
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

No, you don't need to shutdown all VM's before you restart Virtual Center. It won't impact the operation of your VM's running on your ESX hosts. Hope that helps.

Cooldude09
Commander
Commander

No shutdown required for the VM's. All will work well...... Do not forget to reward points if it helped.. Smiley Happy

Anil Gupta

View solution in original post

0 Kudos