vCenter

View Only
  • 1.  Restart Virtual Center Host

Posted Apr 27, 2009 03:34 AM

1. I need to patch Windows and restart the Virtual Center. What services will be affected? (e.g. Users cannot connect to Virtual Client ... etc)

2. What need to take into consideration before and after restart the Virtual Center? Anything need to be done on SQL database? Any services need to stop or start manually?

Thank you.

• 2.  RE: Restart Virtual Center Host

Posted Apr 27, 2009 04:00 AM

1. Only usres will not be able to connect to VC for some time

2. Nothing...dont worry it should work for you.

Anil Gupta

Don’t fear changes, its constant in life, reduce your ecological footprint……………………..Go Green

if you found my answer to be useful, feel free to mark it as Helpful or Correct.

Looking for a Virtualization Solution, look here.....

• 3.  RE: Restart Virtual Center Host

Posted Apr 27, 2009 04:20 AM

Thanks Cooldude09.

Just to confirm, do I need to shutdown all VMs before I restart Virtual Center, will it affect my VMs operation?

• 4.  RE: Restart Virtual Center Host

Posted Apr 27, 2009 04:36 AM

No, you don't need to shutdown all VM's before you restart Virtual Center. It won't impact the operation of your VM's running on your ESX hosts. Hope that helps.

• 5.  RE: Restart Virtual Center Host
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 27, 2009 04:50 AM

No shutdown required for the VM's. All will work well...... Do not forget to reward points if it helped.. :smileyhappy:

Anil Gupta

Don’t fear changes, its constant in life, reduce your ecological footprint……………………..Go Green

if you found my answer to be useful, feel free to mark it as Helpful or Correct.

Looking for a Virtualization Solution, look here.....