VMware Cloud Community
jpoling
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Report Performance and Excel 2007

When I export performance reports from Virtual Center, Excel 2007 cannot open them. There is some problem with the worksheet settings. THis issue only occurs when I include multiple types of performance data (i.e., try to export all resources - CPU, memory,disk, network - in the same report). If I do one resources at a time, it seems to work OK, but that is time consuming.

Has anyone else seen this issue? Any resolutions?

Thanks,

Jeff

0 Kudos
8 Replies
murreyaw
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Install Patch 2. I was having the same problem with the patch 1 version.

0 Kudos
jpoling
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Interesting. . .I am already at patch 2 (VC 2.0.1 build 40644). . .

Jeff

0 Kudos
BenConrad
Expert
Expert

I have same issue as you. I've moved to Vista and Office 2007 and have the following issues:

\- Can't deploy template from VIC on my Vista box

\- Perf exports don't open up as you mentioned. What I've been doing is going to the folder where the exports live and open up each .XLS individually. It's a PITA.

Ben

jpoling
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Glad to know someone else is seeing the issue. Anyone know of a solution?

Jeff

0 Kudos
meistermn
Expert
Expert

For a workaround with VC 2.0.1 export to a csv file and than import to excel.

0 Kudos
Robert_E1
Contributor
Contributor

I'm also having this problem however in VC 2.0.1 I cannot locate an option to export to a csv file. The only option appears to be an xml file and VC keeps appending .xml to the filename.

0 Kudos
sanjay_nitsurat
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

On running a VB code (which was running fine in excel 2003) in excel 2007, I am getting an error "Error displaying dialogs. Unable to proceed" , and it's still running for some time (5 mins) untill I get an error "A formula in the worksheet contains one or more invalid references. Verify that your formula contain a valid path, workbook, range name, and cell reference.

I request a suggestion asap.

Sanjay

sanjay.nitsurat@gmail.com

0 Kudos
sanjay_nitsurat
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

On running a VB code (which was running fine in excel 2003) in excel 2007, I am getting an error "Error displaying dialogs. Unable to proceed" , and it's still running for some time (5 mins) untill I get an error "A formula in the worksheet contains one or more invalid references. Verify that your formula contain a valid path, workbook, range name, and cell reference.

I request a suggestion asap.

Sanjay

sanjay.nitsurat@gmail.com

0 Kudos