VMware Cloud Community
tjballi
Contributor
Contributor

Repointing external PSC between Sites

I'm within migrating vCenter from 5.5 u3e windows based with embaded SSO to vCenter 6.0u2 with external PSC and I'm faceing some issues

First I tryed to repoint the vCenter 5.5 to a newly deployed SSO but it stucks at the Openssl part "Cannot run program "openssl.exe"" even that Openssl is in the endicated path C:\program Files\VMware\Infrastructure\Invenntory Service\bin/, so I made the decision to Migrat the vCenter with Embaded to 6.0 and after that repointing, But again I'm getting the following Error when executing the command

/bin/cmsso-util repoint --repoint-psc FQDN_or_IP_New_Site

2017-01-19T15:35:05.740Z   RC = 1

Stdout =

Stderr = Error 1: Possible errors:

LDAP error: Operations error

Win Error: Operation failed with error ERROR_INVALID_FUNCTION (1)

Error:{

"resolution": null,

"detail": [

{

"args": [

"Stderr: Error 1: Possible errors: \nLDAP error: Operations error \nWin Error: Operation failed with error ERROR_INVALID_FUNCTION (1)\n"

],

"id": "install.ciscommon.command.errinvoke",

"localized": "An error occurred while invoking external command : 'Stderr: Error 1: Possible errors: \nLDAP error: Operations error \nWin Error: Operation failed with error ERROR_INVALID_FUNCTION (1)\n'",

"translatable": "An error occurred while invoking external command : '%(0)s'"

}

],

"componentKey": null,

"problemId": null

}

Failed to set FQDN_or_IP_New_Site as the new Platform Services Controller

Can someone help or pushing inthe right direction

0 Kudos
1 Reply
peetz
Leadership
Leadership

Hi Tariq,

re-pointing a vCenter 6.0 server from an embedded PSC to an external PSC is a special case that is described in the vSphere docs here:

Reconfigure a Standalone vCenter Server with an Embedded Platform Services Controller to a vCenter S...

Please follow these instructions.

- Andreas

Twitter: @VFrontDe, @ESXiPatches | https://esxi-patches.v-front.de | https://vibsdepot.v-front.de
0 Kudos