VMware Cloud Community
hammer1972
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Replace Machine SSL certificate with Custom Certificate using certificate-manager

Currently have a v Center managing 3 ESXi servers. The vCenter Server with an embedded Platform Services Controller is on version 6.7.0 build-9433931 and the ESXI servers are on Version VMware ESXi, 6.5.0, 8294253.

We would like to install a custom CA certificate on the vCenter. Following the instructions from the URL

https://kb.vmware.co/s/article/2112277

we keep getting an error after step 9 just after selecting Y

Previous MACHINE_SSL_CERT Subject Alternative Name does not match new MACHINE_SSL_CERTIFICATE Subject Alternative Name

I have searched on line and found some similar issues where they suggest commenting out some lines in the certificate manager script. I have tried this but then get a different error, where at 85% before failing and then performs an automatic rollback. checking the log file /var/log/vmware/vmcad/certificate-manager.log I see the message stderr=Failed to start vpxd services. Error: Service crashed while starting.

I have returned all files back to original status and would like to know how I go about getting our signed csr certificate installed on to the vCenter? Any advise would be great.

0 Kudos
0 Replies