VMware Cloud Community
pjdg
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Removing a group or user

I have set up a test lab, VC 2 (on a stand alone W2k3 server) with four ESX 3 hosts. I wished to test admin groups on individual hosts, by creating a test group on the VCS local user & groups, adding local administrators to it and then, within VC 2, giving the group the host admin privileges. In the Admin window, this group is visible, with the individual admins, under the host esx server it was created under - however, now I wish to delete this group I do not appear to be able to. I have deleted it from the VCS local users & groups, but it still appears within VC in the admin window under the host server .... how do I delete this from view and tidy the administrators on the individual hosts ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
masaki
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

I think it's only a refresh problem.

Try refreshing host config or wait for automatic refresh.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
masaki
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

I think it's only a refresh problem.

Try refreshing host config or wait for automatic refresh.

0 Kudos
masaki
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

It could have been defined at host level too.

See permissions at various levels (host, cluster, datacenter) and try to delete them if present.

pjdg
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I have checked the various levels, though it was only created at the host level, and the group only appear at the host level - and I have waited for 24 hours to see if a refresh would eventually clear the group. It is still in the list of administrators, though the group no longer exists.

There does not appear to be an easy (right click or similar) way of deleting a user who has left or an unused group from the list of roles and permissions.

There is a command in the drop downs, etc to add a permission/role but nothing for removing one.

Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
pjdg
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I lied, it has now gone - thank you Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
masaki
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution