VMware Cloud Community
Natiboy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Removing Administrators Group Impossible on VC2.5

Is there a special hack needed to remove the administrators group from the default VC 2.5 configuration? This was possible in 2.x but not the same in 2.5.

In our world a domain administrator is not the same as the VC administrator. How does one get the more precise assignment?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

before removing it have you added another/user group with Administrator Role? - VC finally might be smart enough to not let you get into trouble by removing the administrator with out having something to replace it - I have not tested but I will give VMware the benefit of the doubt -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
Natiboy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have cloned the administrator role to a new name and assigned multiple accounts with my company specific role. Unfortunately, I can't modify the original group at any level down the tree from Hosts and Clusters -> Datacenters -> Hosts from its original form. I have re-read the few docs for the user permissions and roles but all have the same information as the 2.x family or specifically VI3. It's unfortunate that the VC 2.5 doesn't have it's own set of documents for its new traits.

0 Kudos
Natiboy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I stand corrected. I was able to remove this group from the permissions but I had to find the rogue assignment that was nested lower in the tree branch prior to removing the default group.

0 Kudos
hicksj
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

> VC finally might be smart enough to not let you get into trouble ... I will give VMware the benefit of the doubt

This was intentionally introduced, after everyone kept cutting their legs off in VC2.0.0! Smiley Wink

0 Kudos