VMware Cloud Community
NJKwork
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Remove "VirtualCenter 1.x compatibility mode"

Hi,

Now that we are at a pure 3.01 environment, we no longer need "VirtualCenter 1.x compatibility mode" which I enabled when I first installed VC 2.x as part of our migration.

Can this be removed? Does it need to be? Will performance be better if we remove it?

TIA

SlickBag

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bretti
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

It can be removed. I don't think it will affect performance much.

If you have not installed patch 2, you can remove compatibility mode during the install of patch 2.

If you have installed patch 2 already, I'm not sure where you remove it from. I think you would just do a repair install.

I believe this is the option prompt during the install. "Maintain Backward Compatibility with Virtual Center 1.x Web Service."

Correct me if I'm wrong.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
bretti
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

It can be removed. I don't think it will affect performance much.

If you have not installed patch 2, you can remove compatibility mode during the install of patch 2.

If you have installed patch 2 already, I'm not sure where you remove it from. I think you would just do a repair install.

I believe this is the option prompt during the install. "Maintain Backward Compatibility with Virtual Center 1.x Web Service."

Correct me if I'm wrong.

0 Kudos
NJKwork
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks - I will upgrading to patch 2 shortly and remove the compatibility mode then.

SlickBag

0 Kudos