VMware Cloud Community
bwittrock
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Remove previously imported remote appliance key

Aloha,

So I started the process of upgrading an vCenter appliance from 5.0.x to 5.5 using VMware KB article http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=205844....

However, along the way I really hosed things up and had to blow away the 5.5 appliance VM.  So I redeployed the 5.5 vCenter Appliance VM and am now at the point of re-entering the remote appliance key, but I am now unable to do so as the old vCenter appliance already had a remote key imported.  Is there a way to clear out this remote key and paste in a new one?

Let me know if you need any more information.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bwittrock
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Okay.  I have been digging around for hours on this and finally (on the older appliance) I went to the Upgrade tab -> Prepare and hit Cancel under Actions on the right hand side. That cancelled the upgrade.  Too easy!!!

I was digging around the embedded database, looking for config files, etc. and the answer was always very simple. Smiley Happy

Thanks for everyone who looked. Hope this helps somebody else someday.

Brock

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
bwittrock
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Okay.  I have been digging around for hours on this and finally (on the older appliance) I went to the Upgrade tab -> Prepare and hit Cancel under Actions on the right hand side. That cancelled the upgrade.  Too easy!!!

I was digging around the embedded database, looking for config files, etc. and the answer was always very simple. Smiley Happy

Thanks for everyone who looked. Hope this helps somebody else someday.

Brock

0 Kudos