VMware Cloud Community
BladeR1
Contributor
Contributor

Reinstalling SQL Server, how does effect the vCenter license?

Hi,

A vCenter deployment at my work had its license changed from the trial version to a full, commercial license.

Problem is, SQL Server now has to be reinstalled (from Express to a full, standalone version). Does this have any impact on the license? Can the same license still be used after the redeployment of SQL Server?

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MauroBonder
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

you have already registered to leave the hosts full?

Licences Version vSphere are associated with the HOST. The Bank does not store any kind of license.

Have licenses in hand if necessary put again, but believe it is not necessary

*If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful"*

*Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers. *Por favor, não esqueça de atribuir os pontos se a resposta foi útil ou resolveu o problema.* Thank you/Obrigado
0 Kudos
RParker
Immortal
Immortal

License doesn't matter. vCenter doesn't care about the SQL server or a license, all that matters is the database is available.

Your biggest problem is going to be moving the Express database to the Standard version. That's the fun part.

0 Kudos
Borja_Mari
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi,

it doesn't matter. The sql server doesn't affect in any way to vSphere. Don't worry.

Upgrading from sql server express to standard is a lot of easy. Just check this.

Additionally, i will recommend you check this KB. But i don't really think that you will need to use what this kb explains Smiley Happy

Regards/Saludos,
Pablo

Please consider awarding

any helpful or corrrect answer. Thanks!! -

Por favor considera premiar

cualquier respuesta útil o correcta. ¡¡Muchas gracias!!

Virtually noob blog

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- PLEASE CONSIDER AWARDING any HELPFUL or CORRECT reply. Thanks!! Por favor CONSIDERA PREMIAR cualquier respuesta ÚTIL o CORRECTA . ¡¡Muchas gracias!! VCP3, VCP4, VCP5-DCV (VCP550), vExpert 2010, 2014 BLOG: http://communities.vmware.com/blogs/VirtuallyAnITNoob
0 Kudos