VMware Cloud Community
FlyinRhino67
Contributor
Contributor

Reinstall ESX Agent Manager (EAM)

Hey,

back a week ago i had the issue, that i couldn't Start any VMs in my Test vCenter. I got Messages regarding Agents preventing to do so. NSX Manager was also powered off.

I tried to troubleshoot the NSX installation and thereby removed the "ESX Agent Manager" Plugin via /mob. (Bad Idea)

Then i came to the conclusion, that i could power on the machines via the ESXi itself. After that the nsx manager was reachable and the issue was resolved.

Now i cannot deploy any agents because the vCenter misses the EAM Plugin. I tried to dig deeper into the topic but failed at:

- Reregistering the Plugin via /mob (Have no Zip File to provide)

- Fixing the EAM Config as described in VMware Knowledge Base  (KB2148582)

- Or Running the "firstboot.py" from CLI (python cannot find CiS Module, even when i pass it to python with -module /path/)

Path: /usr/lib/vmware-eam/firstboot/eam_firstboot.py

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/usr/lib/vmware-eam/firstboot/eam_firstboot.py", line 9, in <module>

from cis.baseCISException import BaseInstallException

ImportError: No module named 'cis'

I want to avoid reinstalling the vCenter because there are somme other VMware Products linked to the appliance...

Do you have any info for me?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Moderator: Moved to vCenter Server

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos