VMware Cloud Community
ravala
Contributor
Contributor

Reg: Alloaction and optimum utilization of Resources

Hi All,

I am trying to implement Virtual center environment .I have 2 servers of equal capacities.ie each server has Dualcore 2.4Ghz Processor with 4 Gig ram and 500GB HD.I have installed Virtual center server on my machine to monitor and optimize performance of VM instances created on these 2 machines.By the way the 2 servers have VMware esxi running on them.I created a cluster(DRS enabled) on my virtual center server and added these 2 hosts.Now I see that I have total resources of 8Gig RAM and 5GHZ CPU.

Now I have created an VM instance with 8Gig RAM on one of the server's .Though the server has 4 Gig of physical ram and is over committed ,does Adding these host's in a cluster allows VM with 8Gig Ram to use the idle ram on the other server?.

I created the cluster with above intention ,But what I had observed was that running a intense resource consumming application on the VM creates a yellow warning symbol on the host.What I understand for this is that though the cluster has resources available,The host is running out of resources.Any suggestion how to achieve the above objective.

This would definetly help me optimize my resources.Any suggestions and recommendations will be of great help .

Thanks,

Ravala

0 Kudos
0 Replies