VMware Cloud Community
WDGNet
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Recently Migrated from VCSA 6.5 to 7 - 2 Plug-ins have a "failed" status

Hello,

As the title states, just migrated to VCSA 7 (have not upgraded my 6.5 hosts to 7 yet - soon though).  I have 2 failed Plug-ins - VMware vRops 6.6.1.32000 and vSphere Lifecycle Manager 6.5.0.0.  I'm wondering if this is simply because my VCSA is now 7 and can be safely ignored since it looks like both those plug-ins have a version 7 that's enabled (see pic).  Both of the failed plug-ins have the "Error downloading plug-in. Make sure that the URL is reachable and the registered thumbprint is correct." error.  I've looked through some blog posts that state to look at the /mob and make sure everything looks ok there.  All seems right, so curious as to what's going on and if this can be safely ignored or will maybe go away once I upgrade my esxi hosts to 7.

Thanks for any advice!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

I had a similar issue with upgrading vCSA 6.7 to 7.0a. However, after applying the latest patch (v7.0b) the failed plug-in disappeared.

André

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Moderator: Thread moved to the vCenter Server area.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

I had a similar issue with upgrading vCSA 6.7 to 7.0a. However, after applying the latest patch (v7.0b) the failed plug-in disappeared.

André

0 Kudos
Vijay2027
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Could be cache. Clean up work and pickup dir and restart UI service.

VMware Knowledge Base

0 Kudos
WDGNet
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thank you, 7.0b resolved the issue.

0 Kudos
ChuckS42
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I just had this myself, and a reboot of the vCenter Appliance fixed it. After vCenter came back up all the plugins re-registered themselves, and the problem plugins weren't on the list.

0 Kudos