VMware Cloud Community
Ubuntu111
Contributor
Contributor

Receiving error "could not start the vmware virtualcenter server service on local computer - Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion"

Every couple of days I am unable to launch Virtual Center 2.5. We are running ESX 3.5. I am logging into Virtual Center from the VMware Infrastructure Client using localhost directly on the Virtual Center VM. I get the error ""VMware Infrastructure Client could not establish a connection with server then my server name) Details: the server took too long to respond."

When I look at services, the VMware Virtual Center service is running. If I try to restart the service I get the error "could not start the vmware virtualcenter server service on local computer - Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion". I checked the Windows evenet logs and did not see anything out of the ordinary.

If I reboot the server all is good for a couple of days. Any ideas on why this would happen? I did a Google search and didn't find much matching my issue. Thanks.

0 Kudos
0 Replies