VMware Cloud Community
rajivkumar07
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re-Join 2 PSCs after they were split up.

Hey guys,

I installed an external PSC (psc1) and VCSA (vcsa1, pointed to psc1) under vsphere.local and site1.

Then I installed another external PSC (psc2). During installation, I joined it to vsphere.local and same site. I verified that there was replication going between psc1 and psc2. Then I installed another VCSA (vsca2) and pointed to psc2.

Everything worked as expected.

Today, I broke the replication between both PSCs.

Question - Just curious if I can create the replication again between those two PSCs again as I dont see any doc out there for that. Some people say dont think about doing it if there is are any instructions because of slate entries. But slate entries were removed when I broke the replication. Anyways, has anyone came across this scenario? Let me know. Thanks.

3 Replies
tayfundeger
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi,

Have you reviewed the link below? You want to repost the PSC you broke, right?

VMware Knowledge Base

--
Blog: https://www.tayfundeger.com
Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/tayfundeger

vBlogger, vExpert, Cisco Champions

Please, if this solution helped your problem, "Helpful" if it solves your problem "Correct Answer" to mark.
rajivkumar07
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

So last night after breaking the agreement between 2 PSCs, I was then able to re-create it using the following command -

(For my lab environment) -

Created agreement between two PSCs -

/usr/lib/vmware-vmdir/bin/vdcrepadmin -f createagreement -2 -h psc1.lab.local -H psc2.lab.local -u administrator

I SSHed to both PSCs and I was able to see the replication partners, their replication status. All looked good.

HOWEVER, I can't login to ANY VCSA. Getting the following error -

On VCSA1 -

[400] An error occurred while sending an authentication request to the vCenter Single Sign-On server - An error occurred when processing the metadata during vCenter Single Sign-On setup - AFD Native Error Occured: 9234.

Back to login screen

On VCSA2 - [400] An error occurred while sending an authentication request to the vCenter Single Sign-On server - An error occurred when processing the metadata during vCenter Single Sign-On setup - Cannot connect to the VMware Component Manager https://vcsa2.lab.local:443/cm/sdk?hostid=f17d741f-978c-450c-be20-015384c36058.

If I login to VAMI on both PSCs, it says SSO status - Not applicable. I checked time (wanted to rule out NTP server sync) and it looks good. DNS is good too.

Note: I re-joined the PSCs agreement AFTER breaking it. And I believe I read somewhere if PSCs were never joined before, you can create an agreement between them. But if in case, you try to re-join after breaking it, it will not work because of slate entries reside in them cause the communication failure. I think thats what is happening in my case.

Has anyone came across this before?

I wanted to test this in my lab and now I broke EVERYTHING Smiley Happy Lesson learnt.

0 Kudos
rajivkumar07
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Sorry if I missed it but where does it say in the document that it can be re-linked AFTER it is split up once already?

As you see my post below, I already re-linked but cant access VCSAs anymore.

0 Kudos