VMware Cloud Community
edgee
Contributor
Contributor

Questions HA

Hi all!!

I have configured 2 ESX server 3.5. Then I have a virtual machine with Virtual Center 2.5. I have created my cluster and then I have configurated HA. Everything worked fine but suddenly my two hosts become "disconnected" and virtual center hangs. If i connect directly to one ESX all machines are running and Host looks like fine. 5 minutes later the situation starts again. I think there is no communication problem, event viewer does not show any error.

The most important erorrs are the following:

"The host is reporting error in it's attemps to provide HA support"

I have tried to reconfigure HA ad works fine jus fr a while, then the hosts become again disconnected.

Any ideas??

Thanks!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

try removing the hosts from the cluster, destroy the current cluster, create a new cluster, move your hosts back into the new cluster and enable HA again.

edgee
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, tomorrow I will try this !

Another error is the following:2

"Insufficient resources to satisfy configured failover level for HA", I have 16 GB available on each node and I have only one virtual machine with 2 gb of memory assigned.

Should resolve the problem destorying my cluster and making a new one?

Thanks again

0 Kudos
bhadzik
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

This has to do with the quantity of hosts that you have in the cluster, and the number of host failures allowed. If you have only 2 hosts, that number can't be larger than 1. Are both the hosts' HA working properly? Try and right click on the cluster, and choose "reconfigure for HA"

Cloneranger
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I also normally use the setting: Allow to power up even if VM violates availability contraints,

Most of the memory I have assigned to VMs isnt fully utilized anyway, I dont want my VMs staying powered off after a host failure because VC thinks there isnt enough resource in the cluster,

0 Kudos