VMware Cloud Community
jshely
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Q. VM is not showing in inventory after deployment.

I've deployed 4 VM's in Virtual Center. 3 are showing up. One I thought I missed and redeployed and it says it already exists. I cannot find it anywhere in the Inventory. At this point I am unsure where to look? Any ideas are greatly appreciated!

Principal TAM - Technical Account Manager f-Office of the CTO Global Field vExpert 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 VMware Representative for Omaha VMUG VMUG Board of Directors 2010, 2011
0 Kudos
2 Replies
TomHowarth
Leadership
Leadership

Thread moved to a more approipiate forum

Tom Howarth

VMware Communities User Moderator

Tom Howarth VCP / VCAP / vExpert
VMware Communities User Moderator
Blog: http://www.planetvm.net
Contributing author on VMware vSphere and Virtual Infrastructure Security: Securing ESX and the Virtual Environment
Contributing author on VCP VMware Certified Professional on VSphere 4 Study Guide: Exam VCP-410
0 Kudos
kjb007
Immortal
Immortal

I'd restart the virtual center service, and it may be there already. Otherwise, restart hostd on the esx servers by going to the esx host console, and using 'service mgmt-vmware restart'

To be sure, you can also right-click on the datastore, and select browse datastore. See if the folder for that vm already exists. If it does, you can browse to it, right-click on the vmx file, and select 'add to inventory'

-KjB

vExpert/VCP/VCAP vmwise.com / @vmwise -KjB
0 Kudos