VMware Cloud Community
Ricardo_Oliveir
Contributor
Contributor

Problems with virtual center

I have two problem with my virtual center instalation:

- The first one, I think can be resolved more quickly: when I try to open the console from any virtual machine I have installed and running, I got this message: "The remote host certificate has these problems:" and nothing else...

- The second one may be related to the first one. The Converter enterprise servive does not start, it is always on a starting state, even if i kill the process and try to initiate it manually the process keeps hanging.

Does anyone has ever had any of these errors? Please help.

Thanks a lot

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RParker
Immortal
Immortal

Temp folder can sometimes cause this. It's either not available or there are files in there that need to be cleaned up.

Change the temp location and make sure the new folder is there and it's empty then try again. I had this same problem.

Ricardo_Oliveir
Contributor
Contributor

I moved the Temp folder and now i can access the virtual machines console.

I still have the second problem, the converter enterprise service does not start. I tried manually and got this:

Could not start the VMware Converter Enterprise service on Local Computer

Error 1067: The processo terminated unexpectedly

On the event viewer, I only had this information:

Source: Service Control Manager

Event ID: 7034

Does this happened to anyone else?

0 Kudos
sonofploppy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Ricardo,

In regard to 7034 Service Control Manager

This event is reported not by the failing service but by the Service Control Manager that simply reports the failure. As a consequence, this event does not provide too much help on identifying the problem.

Are there any other error messages related to the service reported>?

Paul

0 Kudos
Ricardo_Oliveir
Contributor
Contributor

Dear all,

I want to thank all that helped me in this case.

I reinstalled the Converter Enterprise and the problem seems to be solved. This is a strnage problem, I don't know why this happened, but if I discver what caused this I will post it here.

0 Kudos