VMware Cloud Community
Paul_Lalonde
Commander
Commander

Problems with WebAccess after VirtualCenter 2.0.2 Update 1 upgrade

The following was provided by VMware Technical Support. Thanks to cromero and jmcdonald for the quick discovery and workaround.

-

After upgrading to VirtualCenter 2.0.2, Update 1 the WebAccess default home page shows no links. The screen looks similar to the following:

Resolution: On an upgrade to VirtualCenter 2.0.2 Update 1, the installer does not copy all the files required for the webpageto be viewed properly. To solve the issue follow these steps:

1. Navigate to the following folder: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\VMware\VMware VirtualCenter\docRoot

2. Create a folder called 'en'

3. Download the attached welcomeRes.zip and extract welcomeRes.js to the newly created folder

Once this is done, you should be able to properly open the VirtualCenter webpage. Note: This problem only occurs on an upgrade of VirtualCenter, fresh installations are not affected.

welcomeRes.zip is attached.

0 Kudos
24 Replies
esiebert7625
Immortal
Immortal

Thanks for posting this, I'm sure it will definitely help others who have this problem after upgrading. You would think something this obvious would be caught in there QC testing.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Thanks, Eric

Visit my website:

0 Kudos
joergriether
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

thank you VERY much, we had this issue at all of our clients can´t believe this passed vm quality control.

0 Kudos
Svedja
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Resolved my problem too. Thanks.

0 Kudos
williamarrata
Expert
Expert

Will VMware put out the patch now with the new fix implemented into it?

Hope that helped. 🙂
0 Kudos
esiebert7625
Immortal
Immortal

You would think if this is going to effect every single install of 2.0.2 U1 they would fix the ISO/ZIP file and re-release it. I'd watch for a forthcoming kb article on this.

Thanks, Eric

Visit my website:

0 Kudos
ErMaC1
Expert
Expert

I wish you could just give points to any post!

We just upgraded ours, saw this issue, and I said "hmm, lemme check the forums."

Was right there, great title, quick solution, thanks a bunch Paul. You da man!

0 Kudos
lhedrick
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks!

works great...

0 Kudos
joshw
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same problem after the Update 1 install, and the attached file did fix the home page issue. However, when I click "Log in to Web Access", I get a blank screen. This also happens if I try going directly to "http://myvchost.mydomain.com/ui/" or "https://myvchost.mydomain.com/ui/". It does, however, seem to work if I specify the Tomcat port ("http://myvchost.mydomain.com:8086/ui/"), and I'm sure I could write a page that redirects to that URL, but I know that's probably not how it's supposed to work and might cause issues with the "Generate Remote Console URL" function in the web interface that we use frequently.

I tried uninstalling/reinstalling VC, to no avail. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Josh Watt

Network Administrator, Kensey Nash Corporation

0 Kudos
donikatz
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Beautiful, thanks for the assist!

0 Kudos
korman
Contributor
Contributor

I am also a victom of this bug. Thanks for saving me from the support call.

0 Kudos
Sorwyn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks! Just applied this and it's fixed it up.

Between this and the cli utils problem on the ESX patch that's 2 patches with problems, both of which just seemed like something wasn't included with the patch. :S

At least neither of the them seem to be any major issue.

0 Kudos
mrben
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for that. You saved me from some frantic head scratching there.

0 Kudos
rrogers
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks a million!

0 Kudos
doubleH
Expert
Expert

john - i have the same issue....my main webpage is fine, but i cannot logon to the UI page. did you find a resolution?

If you found this or any other post helpful please consider the use of the Helpfull/Correct buttons to award points
0 Kudos
hullt
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I had the same issue, I would think by now this should be posted in the Known Issues area. It would have save me some time searching for an answer.

0 Kudos
kimono
Expert
Expert

wicked fix thanks for the tip and the file Smiley Wink

/kimono/

/kimono/
0 Kudos
dkfbp
Expert
Expert

I just installed VC 2.0.2 Update 2 and still the same problem. Makes one wonder why they havent fixed it.

The fix still works. Thanks

Frank

Best regards Frank Brix Pedersen blog: http://www.vfrank.org
0 Kudos
aGGRo
Contributor
Contributor

Worked like a charm, thanks a bunch Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
dangsb
Enthusiast
Enthusiast