VMware Cloud Community
Kimbie
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Problems with HA and Clustering

We have just setup clustering and HA on our blade setup, however we are having a slight issue.

Both blades are identical, both BL460c G6, 48Gb, 2 x Xeon 5540 2.53Ghz, with both nicks set to connected in the ESXi console.

There are two Cisco 3020 switches in Mez slot 1 and 2 both are configured identically.

The second blade server when we moved it into the cluster it installed HA all fine and dandy, we then moved in the first blade and this fails to install the HA agent with the error Host bc1blade01.domain.co.uk cound not reach isolation address:

Now in terms of the config of the 3020 both blades are identical both are in the same vDS. I have attached an image of our current vDS layout.

The 10.99.61.153 / 10.99.61.154 is a test system and is not part of the cluster. If I click on vmk0 : 10.99.61.161 it goes to both the vmnics on the blc1blade01

So can anyone shed some light on this please?

Thanks

Kimbie

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dnetz
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

So thanks to all those that looked, the moral is always check for a Default Gateway

No worries, also remember to check your thread as "answered" to help us out Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Kimbie
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Well that was foolish of me, just gone through the settings with a colleague and I had managed to miss off a gateway off the management port on the first blade.

So thanks to all those that looked, the moral is always check for a Default Gateway

Kimbie

0 Kudos
dnetz
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

No worries, also remember to check your thread as "answered" to help us out Smiley Happy

0 Kudos