VMware Cloud Community
Andy_Welcomer
Contributor
Contributor

Problem with VCB after Virtual Center Upgrade

Hello Everyone,

We've started to upgrade our infrastucture from Virtual Center 2.0.2 and ESX 3.0.2. We've completed the upgrade to Virtual Center 2.5 (no esx hosts were upgraded yet), and run into a major problem. VCB no longer functions. We have VCB integrated with Netbackup 6, and had no problems prior to the upgrade. I've tried upgrading VCB to 1.5 with no luck. The only error I get is in c:\windows\temp saying "Job "VCBTest2" does not exist."

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

andy

0 Kudos
2 Replies
gguntz
Contributor
Contributor

Have you upgraded any of the host machines yet? If so which version are they on now? Is the upgrade an in place upgrade or a migration? Are you running VCB from the same machine as your VC server? Have you tried to create a new job versus running your existing job?

G

0 Kudos
Andy_Welcomer
Contributor
Contributor

none of the ESX hosts have been upgraded yet. VCB runs on a Veritas Media server which is a sperate server than the Virtual Center server. I have not tried a new job, however I've tried executing from the command line.

I made change to eh config.js file, changing the port to 443 (the old setting was 902). this does change things a little.

Running a test from the command prompt, the snapshot is created, but destroyied right away, and the following error is thrown Error: Cannot create vmount2.exe instance

Running from the Veritas Admin console, shows no difference.

0 Kudos