VMware Cloud Community
MCooper7
Contributor
Contributor

Problem when customizing Windows 7 x64 when deploying from template

I made a template of a Windows 7 64-bit Enterprise VM. Before I convert it to a template, the Administrator account of the Win7 VM is working fine. When I deploy a new VM from the template, and choose my pre-existing customization profile to run, the machine seems to build fine.

The problem is that when I go to login to the new Windows 7 VM that I just deployed, the Administrator account has been disabled. I know I'm typing in the correct password because Win 7 is telling me that the account is disabled, rather than wrong username or password.

Has anyone seen this before?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jbsengineer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

This is because Window Sysprep will disable the Administrator account by default on a SID change with desktop OS's. I'm wondering how to get around this as well...

0 Kudos
emmar
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi,

I've just come across the same issue - i'm on vCenter 4.0.0 Build 208111 - and obviously the sysprep disables the Windows7 local administrator account. Is there a way around this - or does an upgrade of vCenter fix it?

CHeers

Enna

0 Kudos
Julio_Ortiz
Contributor
Contributor

Actually.. SysPrep does not disables the acount. By default Windows 7 disables the Administrator account.

You will have to select the option to "Automatically login as Administrator" once.

0 Kudos