VMware Cloud Community
rmustafa
Contributor
Contributor

Problem( web service unavailable) when accesing the Virtual center server via web

Hi Friends,

Putting my problem in detail:

ESX server setup is there (Installed 40 days back)

Installed Virtual center server, Virtual infrastructure client in win XP machine (40 days back)

It is running with out any problem, I've installed approx 10 virtual WIN-XP pc . On top right of VI-Client it is showing "license is left for only 20 days".

I wanted to extend for another 60 days, I 've created an ID on VMware & requested also.I've recived Activation confirmation mail also to download.

But I've installed the (Virtual Center server , VI-Client, update manager, license server, vmware convertor enterprize server) from the old Software on WIN 2003 server.

During installation it is throwing an error that "Port are in used(80 & 443 port) which we are using for some other purpose.so I changed the port 80 to 8081 & 443 to 444

Installation is done without any error.

Now when I 'm trying to logging through VI-Client on Virtual center server it is throwing an error "The server could not interpret the communication from the client"

Whe I'm trying to logging through web interface (), loging page is displaying but when I'm trying to logging with the credential, it is giving an error "web service unavailable".

I've checked all the required services is running, but i don't know what it is happening

Note:I'm able to logging directly to ESX server through VI-Client & it is showing all the made configuration.

Please help , I know question is bit large.....

Regards,

Rashid Mustafa

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
hicksj
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Could be the redirection to the SSL login isn't working entirely properly.

Try

0 Kudos
rmustafa
Contributor
Contributor

Same error again "web service unavailable" .

0 Kudos
rmustafa
Contributor
Contributor

Any one is there who can help me out from this problem ?

I'll be very thankfull.

0 Kudos
jmcdonald1
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

If you changed the default ports it is likely that this will resolve your problem:

Unable to access VMware Virtual Infrastructure WebAccess if customized ports have been set

Cheers,

/Jonathan

0 Kudos
rmustafa
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you so much, trooubleshoot documet solved the web service problem.

I hope you can solve my another also, Now I'm able to log on to virtual center server. but not able to logon to virtual center through virtual client.

Now when I 'm trying to logging through VI-Client on Virtual center server it is throwing an error "The server could not interpret the communication from the client" & connection is failing.

Can you please help me on this isssue.

One more thing, how can I update my ESX license server with the evaluation license ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Rashid Mustafa

0 Kudos
jmcdonald1
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Whenever I have seen this the version of the VI Client is older than the version of VCenter.

Try uninstalling the client and then downloading the latest vi client from the base webpage of vCenter and then install it and it should resolve the problem.

Cheers,

/Jonathan

0 Kudos
rmustafa
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, What do you say about EXS server liscense ?, how to update the ESX server with the evaluation liscense ?

0 Kudos
jmcdonald1
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I don't deal with it at all ... Smiley Happy ... we have another team that deals with it. if you search the KB (kb.vmware.com) we have a lot of KB's on licensing which should help.

0 Kudos
rmustafa
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks.

0 Kudos