VMware Cloud Community
AdamSnow
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Problem upgrading to VC 2.5 Update 2

Hello,

I am trying to upgrade from VC 2.5 Update 1 to Update 2. I run the wizard, and soon as I clik through it, it instantly fails. It fails with the following error:

"The wizard was interrupted before VMWare Infrastructure Management could be completely installed."

I'm not seeing any logs or anything. I've tried rebooting, but no luck. any ideas?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
VolksDude
Contributor
Contributor

I currently have the same problem...

0 Kudos
AdamSnow
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I found the install log file, and saw that the error was because it couldn't talk to the Update Manager database. So despite the fact that I gave ti valid credentials, ti did not work. So I re-ran the upgrade, unchecked the update manager piece, and then install finished. It failed on the converter piece as well.

So after the upgrade, i uninstalled converter and update manager completely, and then re-ran the VC 2.5 Update2 installer, and installed those components. Everything is installed, but there's tons of issues:

1. i have to manually reconnect each host to the cluster

2. i can't install the update manager plugin, it throws a 404 error.

3. ha agents have an error

I'm about an hour away from sratching this server and setting up a new VC server from scratch. VC upgrades are always extremely buggy and riddled with issues, but this one takes the cake.

0 Kudos
Raudi
Expert
Expert

Hello,

perhaps you have the same problem, i have:

best regards

Stefan

0 Kudos
AdamSnow
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

This does seem like the same problem. The steps I provided above seem to work. The only caveat is that I cannot download and install the Update Manager client through the VI Client. I had to manually install it from C:\Program Files\VMware\Infrastructure\Update Manager\docroot\vci\downloads\VMware-UMClient.exe

0 Kudos
mtestino
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem too, I think it's better to wait for a response or a solution before upgrading or reinstalling the management server..

0 Kudos
AdamSnow
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I had to rebuilf my VC server because it was toast after this update.

0 Kudos
daniel345
Contributor
Contributor

We had a minor issue with upgrading update manager. It asked for disc 1. It proved to be the ISO that failed. Downloading and installing from the ZIP archive solved the problem.

0 Kudos