VMware Cloud Community
sel57
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Plugins in the vCenter 6 appliance

I recently moved from a Windows based vcenter 5.1 install on a physical server to the virtual appliance for 6.0. In the past if I wanted to use a plugin, I'd either install it right on the Windows vcenter server, or on it's own server and connect to vcenter via the install settings. But now that I'm on version 6 and the appliance, I'm not exactly sure how the whole plugin set up works. I found this in the docs about deploying a plugin package, but it was a bit confusing. Any help would be appreciated.

This wasn't even what I started working on to get here. I was looking for documentation on updating Qlogic FC HBA's via command line from vib as I did in earlier versions, but couldn't find much information on it. The one thing I did find was to install the Qlogic vcenter plugin and update them via he GUI, but then I realized I had no idea how to connect a third party plugin to this appliance.

And here I am. Smiley Happy

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
frednice
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same issue, the documentation says "go to the plugin manager" but I cannot find it.

Using vSphere Web Client on vCenter Server Appliance 6.

0 Kudos
Alim786
Expert
Expert

After reading the article below, I suggest you go to the Qlogic website and find the right plugin or ask their support :-

Third-party Plug-ins and vCenter Server Appliance (VCSA) - VMware TAM Blog - VMware Blogs

VCP6-DCV, VCP5, CCNA, MCTS 2008R2, MCSA 2008R2, CCA, ITIL. Please mark answer helpful or correct as appropriate.
0 Kudos