VMware Cloud Community
unbreaky
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Plugin Errors after upgrading vCenter to 6.7.0.42200

Hi all

We have recently upgraded vCenter to 6.7.0.42200 (Build 15679281). Everything seems to work fine. Except for a few plugins which won't install/register:

We get the following errors after login into the VCenter:

The deployment of plug-in VMware vRops Client Plugin 6.7.0.42000 has failed: Download of package: com.vmware.vrops.install:6.7.0.42000 failed. See the logs for more details.

The deployment of plug-in VMware vSAN H5 Client Plugin 6.7.0.42000 has failed: Download of package: com.vmware.vsphere.client.h5vsan:6.7.0.42000 failed. See the logs for more details.

The deployment of plug-in VMware vSAN Web Client Plugin 6.7.0.42000 has failed: Download of package: com.vmware.vsan.health:6.7.0.42000 failed. See the logs for more details.

At the Plugin-Site they are showing not started and with the following error message:

Error downloading plug-in. Make sure that the URL is reachable and the registered thumbprint is correct. java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 503 for URL: https://***:443/vsanHealth/plugins/vropsPlugin.zip sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream0(HttpURLConnection.java:1900)

Error downloading plug-in. Make sure that the URL is reachable and the registered thumbprint is correct. java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 503 for URL: https://***:443/vsanHealth/plugins/vsan-client.zip sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream0(HttpURLConnection.java:1900)

Error downloading plug-in. Make sure that the URL is reachable and the registered thumbprint is correct. java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 503 for URL: https://***:443/vsanHealth/plugins/vsan-h5-client.zip sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream0(HttpURLConnection.java:1900)

We also saw in the Vmware Appliance Management that the "vSAN health Service" is not started.

Is there a known issue? Or how do we get those plugins working again?

Thank you for your help

Best regards

Christian

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ctcom888
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I was able to resolve our issue before VMware support got back to me, thought I'd share my findings.

While waiting for support to get back, I started to work on getting backups working through the VAMI interface.  Backups failed because the VSAN Health Service was not running.

When attempting to start the service from console, I would get the error detailed on this page:

VMware Knowledge Base

This page would also describe my symptoms - replications not working, VAMI backups not working.  The fix on that page did not work for me, but now that I knew that service could be linked to replication jobs not working, that was a solid lead to go on.

That brought me to this link, which is what fixed my issue:

VMware Knowledge Base

In my case, I did not need to make any changes to permissions.  I only had to run the script in step 8.  After that, the VSAN Health Service started successfully, the plug-in errors cleared, and I'm able to start new replication jobs now.  Hope this can help someone else.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
JasonNash
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Almost the same issue here but the upgrade was to 6.7.0.44000 (Build 16046713).

I have raised a support case and am awaiting a response. What was the outcome of your issue, did you find a fix?

0 Kudos
unbreaky
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

We did not open a support case since it is a POC and we do not have a solution until now.

Did you get a solution from that support case?

0 Kudos
ctcom888
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I also have this issue after upgrading to 6.7.0.44000.  I also use the replication appliance, and this is issue is preventing me from creating new replication jobs.

I have a support case as well. I will come back and update if we find a resolution.

For what it's worth, this was suggested at first by the tech as a fix:

VMware Knowledge Base

In my case, the directory it references:

/storage/vsphere-client/SerenityDB/serenity/

Is already empty on mine, so there was nothing really to do here.  I am waiting for another response.

0 Kudos
RSWN
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Same issue after upgrading to 6.7.0.44000. In addition there is also no VUM avaliable.

But there is also a "Certificate Status" Error since upgrading.

0 Kudos
ctcom888
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I was able to resolve our issue before VMware support got back to me, thought I'd share my findings.

While waiting for support to get back, I started to work on getting backups working through the VAMI interface.  Backups failed because the VSAN Health Service was not running.

When attempting to start the service from console, I would get the error detailed on this page:

VMware Knowledge Base

This page would also describe my symptoms - replications not working, VAMI backups not working.  The fix on that page did not work for me, but now that I knew that service could be linked to replication jobs not working, that was a solid lead to go on.

That brought me to this link, which is what fixed my issue:

VMware Knowledge Base

In my case, I did not need to make any changes to permissions.  I only had to run the script in step 8.  After that, the VSAN Health Service started successfully, the plug-in errors cleared, and I'm able to start new replication jobs now.  Hope this can help someone else.

RSWN
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hy,

thanks for the solution - it works for me!

0 Kudos
unbreaky
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi,

Running the Comand "/usr/lib/vmware-vpx/vsan-health/health-rpm-post-install.sh" helped me too. I received different warnings but after that, I was able to start the service and de Plugins were deployed without error

Thank you

Best regards

Christian

0 Kudos
mirchu
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

same issue occure with me for gecey's computer monitor but it has been solved.

thnx a lot

0 Kudos
PeterCr
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Just hit this after updating to 6.7.0.50000.

Waited 30 minutes then did another restart and the older failed plugins disappeared. So it seems to be a limitation of the upgrade process that it can't clean those up until there is a second reboot.

0 Kudos