VMware Cloud Community
VirtualAerospac
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Physical Servers to Virtual

Hello all

I have been tasked with migrating 70% of our 67 physical servers to Virtual.

I have went through them, done audits on what programs it runs etc

What I was hoping to find out, Is there a software anyone knows that would be able to tell me what process/RAM/Hard Disk Space etc is being used on the physical server in a report so I could then look at that and see what I need in my virtual server.

Hope that makes sense.

Many thanks as always.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MauroBonder
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello,

For your scenario VMware Capacity Planner is ideal, but is a paid software.

"Gain insight into IT resource utilization and develop a virtualization  roadmap for server containment and consolidation. VMware Capacity  Planner can help you plan for capacity optimization and design an  optimal solution to achieve maximum performance."

http://www.vmware.com/products/capacity-planner/

Good Luck

*Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers. *Por favor, não esqueça de atribuir os pontos se a resposta foi útil ou resolveu o problema.* Thank you/Obrigado

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
MauroBonder
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello,

For your scenario VMware Capacity Planner is ideal, but is a paid software.

"Gain insight into IT resource utilization and develop a virtualization  roadmap for server containment and consolidation. VMware Capacity  Planner can help you plan for capacity optimization and design an  optimal solution to achieve maximum performance."

http://www.vmware.com/products/capacity-planner/

Good Luck

*Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers. *Por favor, não esqueça de atribuir os pontos se a resposta foi útil ou resolveu o problema.* Thank you/Obrigado
0 Kudos
VirtualAerospac
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi - Thanks for the respone.

Dont mind paying for it, well the company paying for it and they tasked me with finding good software to do it.

Thanks very much

0 Kudos
MauroBonder
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I dont know software with this function free. May other person know, and can post here.

Sorry

Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers. 

Mauro Bonder - Moderator

0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I agree VMware Capacity Planner is well worth the time and money to help with your P2V project.

0 Kudos
psyclone1976
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

If the paid option get's the red flag you can always try this utility.

http://sydiproject.com/

It documents the servers and can produce excel data of all servers in a scan run, very useful and FREE!

0 Kudos