VMware Cloud Community
NJKwork
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Permissions to resize a virtual disk

Hi,

I have created a role for our workstation support team to allow them to manage the handful of utility virtual workstations we have (this is not VDI, but rather general purpose workstations to do simple batch jobs etc that don't require a full server).  I have given them various permissions to deploy from template and manage existing VMs.  However, when they try to resize the virtual disk of a workstation, it fails with permission denied errors.  Does anyone know the specific permission a non-admin user would need to be able to resize a virtual disk?

Thanks

SB

0 Kudos
3 Replies
vmroyale
Immortal
Immortal

Hello.

See if this discussion helps.

Good Luck!

Brian Atkinson | vExpert | VMTN Moderator | Author of "VCP5-DCV VMware Certified Professional-Data Center Virtualization on vSphere 5.5 Study Guide: VCP-550" | @vmroyale | http://vmroyale.com
NJKwork
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

LOL - thanks.  Its funny how I Googled this problem and searched the VMware forums directly prior to posting this question and could not find anything meaningful - yet there it is and I somehow missed it Smiley Happy

Thanks

SB

0 Kudos
NJKwork
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Unfortunately, I already had Extend virtual disk and Allocate space check boxes checked.  There must be some other option that I am missing.

SB

0 Kudos